Please view the document below for information regarding preparation for Marriage Preparation.
If you are Catholic or married to a Catholic and your marriage is a civil marriage** (not in the Catholic Church), as a part of preparing to receive the Sacraments (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist), you and your spouse will also prepare to validate your marriage, which is also a Sacrament. All the Sacraments are intregal to each other and thus preparation for reception is also intregal.
You and your spouse will prepare for marriage in the Catholic Church and take vows in the Catholic Church with a clergy member present as a witness. The following steps should be taken simultaneously while attending RCIA or Adult Confirmation classes.
1. Attend the Marriage Preparation meeting, which takes place on the last Tuesday of each month in the Parish Hall at 7PM.
2. Attend the Today, Tomorrow and Forever Retreat that is put on by the Diocese of Fort Worth. http://fwdioc.org/today-tomorrow-forever
3. Attend Natural Family Planning (NFP) classes. http://seascc.org/documents/2015/10/NFP_info.pdf
DIOCESE OF FORT WORTH NFP WEBPAGE
Once you have completed 1-3 then complete 4-6.
4. Meet with Candy Warner to review the "fully engaged" test. The test is called "fully engaged" but it used for those already civially married as well.
5. You will be assigned to meet with a Sponsor Couple.
6. You will be assigned to meet with a clergy member (Deacon or Priest)
NOTE: The Marriage Validation process can take up to 12 months or longer if an annulement is being sought. It is important to begin the validation process as you begin RCIA / Adult Confirmaiton classes. Do not finalize your wedding date until all preparation has been completed.
** if you are in a common law marriage or co-habitating (living together) and your intention is to continue to live as a married couple preparation for marriage will take place in conjunction with preparting for the other Sacraments.